De-anna Lea is a BC Certified Teacher holding a Bachelor Degree with double minors in Learning Disabilities and English. She is currently working towards completion of a Masters Degree in Special Education and has additional training in Dr. Gordon Neufeld’s Attachment and Development theory, certification in Equine Facilitated Wellness and Horsemanship training. De-anna has been actively working as a teacher since 2005 and practitioner in the field of Equine Facilitated Wellness since 2015.
Her life long love of horses and the natural environment in general has led her acquire substantial knowledge and skills horsemanship, outdoor education and animal husbandry. De-anna integrates her strong background as an educator and her passion for working with horses and the outdoors to provide a equine centered learning program. She began Summersend Balance in 2015 and has been helping clients find their personal balance through her unique experiential programs.
De-anna offers individual sessions and group programs in leadership, self awareness, relationship building, confidence building, communication, literacy and other areas of personal development to variety of clients including children, teens and adults. Her programs are open to clients with a wide range of learning goals, needs and challenges (including Autism, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Executive Functioning issues, Social Skills issues, Anxiety or Behavioral issues etc.) as well as supporting clients in building a stronger connection with their horse, and instruction in beginner horsemanship skills.
- BC Professional Teaching Certificate – TQS
- Bachelor of General Studies – SFU
- Double Minors in Learning Disabilities and English
- Explorations Workshop –EFW – Can
- Focus 1 Training: Core Concepts – EFW – Can
- Focus 2 Training: Scope of Practice – EFW- Can
- Integration Training – EFW- Can
- Autism in Sport – Canucks Autism Network
- Autism BC – Behavioral Interventionist Training
- POPARD – PEERS Program Facilitator Training
- Excel with Horses – Level 1 – Rother Horsemanship
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 – Work Safe BC
- BC College of Teachers – TQS
- Equine Facilitated Wellness Canada Society
- Autism BC
- Horse Council BC
- Excel with Horses – Rother Horsemanship
- American Quarter Horse Association
- American Paint Horse Association